

Has another month already passed?!
Andi can now say just about anything! She is putting sentences together like a pro! She has even started to recognize when to say “this is mine” or “that is yours” instead of just saying “Andi’s” or Mommy’s.” I am really amazed at how she can put phrases together so well. She must really be listening and paying attention to everything we say. I think her new favorite phrase is, “Look at me, Daddy!” She likes to show off a little and is proud of all the things she is able to do. (And so are we.) She has always been very articulate with her words, but has even improved since last month. She can now pronounce “Gram” and “Grandavs” and will even ask for her “pac-i-fier” instead of just whining for her “pacimbo.” (Unless she is really sleepy, then she will say “pacimbo.” I am still in awe of all the words and phrases she knows.
Last month Nana had to go to Lubbock for a week to get Meemaw settled in her new home and Andi got to spend a few days with her Uncles and Aunts. She loved this. I am so thankful to have family close and family that enjoys loving on Andi. We sure do miss Nana when she is gone and are so thankful and blessed to have her enjoy keeping Andi each day. Shawn and Lynley took Andi to feed the ducks, which she loved and Shane and Anna Lee took Andi to the Heard Museum and they saw the dinosaur exhibit. Although she seemed a little afraid of the dinosaurs, that is all she has asked about lately…”Go see the dinosaurs…” I guess we need to take her back to see the dinosaurs!
Andi’s new favorite song is “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.” She also still really likes “The Itsy Bitsy Spider” and I will hear her singing to herself in her bed before falling asleep. So sweet
Andi has a very creative imagination. She likes to pretend to be animals. She will crawl on the floor and hiss like a snake. Or stand tall and stretch her arms out and say, “ROAR! I’m a scary dinosaur!” Andi has started really liking to climb on things. She will climb on top of something and say, “Look at me! I’m tall.” Andi also likes to “Stand on a chair and help Mommy.” She will push a kitchen chair over to where I am preparing food and climb up so she can see and “help.” She is such a good helper.
Andi continues to love reading her books. She will try to read them to us sometimes. She knows the name of practically all of her favorite books. Maybe all of her books. She was flipping through her books one day and said, “No dinosaurs in there. No dinosaurs in this book.” So I checked out a few dinosaur books from the library. Another book that we checked out is called “The Big Red Tub” and this is Andi’s new favorite book, by far! The other day we were just sitting in the kitchen and she started saying lines from this book. Another night we were out eating pizza and she started reciting “Water buffalo, water buffalo, what do you see…I see a spider monkey…” Dave and I turned and looked at each other in shock! We had only read that book a couple times. Baby Genius, I think!
Andi is still sleeping in her crib and we are so thankful that she likes her “bed” and is an excellent sleeper. She still likes to have a pacifier or two and any stuffed animal and a pillow and blanket in bed with her. Bedtime is usually 8:30 and wakes by about 6:45. Before bed, Andi usually takes a bath. She likes bath time but especially likes getting out of the bath, putting on her hooded towel and running around upstairs saying, “All clean!” We usually read a few books before bed and then Daddy says a prayer. For naps, Andi is pretty much down to one nap a day. She will nap right after lunch (sometimes before) and naps for at least two, sometimes three hours. Some days she will still take two naps.
Andi got a “new car seat” according to her. We just decided to turn her car seat forward facing. This was prompted by long distance driving over the holidays and allowing her to stretch her legs, see Mom and Dad (and allow us to see her), and watch TV on the long road trips. She was excited and proud of her new car seat.
Andi has been asking for quesadillas, tortillas, and tacos lately. Does that show that we eat too much Mexican food? We were on our way out to eat one night and Andi said “Let’s go eat…Uncle Julio’s!” Ha!
Andi still wears size 18 months shirts and jeans and 12 or 18 months dresses and skirts. Size 5 shoes. She is in a size 3 diaper, but might need to move up to size 4 soon.
Andi‘s upper canine teeth erupted this month.
We have a growing girl! Her hair is now getting pretty long and I will soon be able to pull all of it back into a ponytail.
We are so thankful to have such an intelligent, fun-loving, spirited, admiring daughter. She is a true blessing! We have so much to be thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment