Thursday, December 22, 2011

21 months



Andi can really say anything and only speaks in complete sentences. She is very easy to understand. She speaks very clearly and enunciates well. Sometimes she will say words that I was not even aware that she knew or had ever heard. She is a little sponge. Daves says she is a parrot because she will repeat what you say or say it later when you least expect it. Just shows that she is always listening, watching, and learning. She likes to say, “Did you hear that sound?” anytime she hears something. I will say, “Yes. I heard the sound. What was it?” Andi will reply with the correct answer. “That’s an airplane” or “I hear a dog barking.” Or “That’s a firetruck…weeooo-weeoo.”

Andi LOVES to sing. There are several songs she can sing. I am very impressed with her A-B-Cs. Yes, Andi can say all of her alphabet (every letter!). What a little smarty! Her new favorite song is “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.” She will even say, “I want to sing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, has a very shiny nose.” She also likes “Frosty the Snowman” and will say, “Let’s sing Frosty the Snowman was a jolly, happy soul.” So funny! Andi can also sing “Jingle Bells” and likes to sing “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes.” Sometimes she will just lay in her crib and sing herself to sleep (usually “Rock-a-Bye Baby) or will sing when she wakes up. I love to listen to that sweet, little voice.

Andi has a very creative imagination. She likes to pretend to be animals. She will crawl on the floor and hiss like a snake. Or stand tall and stretch her arms out and say, “ROAR! I’m a scary dinosaur!” Andi has started really liking to climb on things. She will climb on top of something and say, “Look at me! I’m tall.” Andi also likes to “Stand on a chair and help Mommy.” She will push a kitchen chair over to where I am preparing food and climb up so she can see and “help.” She is such a good helper.

Andi loves reading her books. I have started to stop randomly while reading books to her to see if she will complete the line or sentence and I am shock because she usually does. I will be in the middle of reading and pause and Andi will begin reading/reciting just where I left off. Amazes me every time!

Andi is still sleeping in her crib and we are so thankful that she is an excellent sleeper. Sometimes Andi will even say “Ready for bed.” Or “I want to go night-night.” We cannot argue with that! What child actually says they want to go to bed and go to sleep?! She still likes to have a pacifier or two and any stuffed animal and a pillow and blanket in bed with her. Bedtime is usually 8:00 and wakes by about 6:45.

Andi loves taking a shower. Of course she still enjoys her bath, but she has been wanting to take a shower lately and likes to splash in the water. So fun! She will beg to stay in for a long time. Dave said that he has a feeling that she is going to be a long shower taker when she gets older.

Andi is still a good eater. Usually eats what we put on her plate. She still does not like fruit. She will each “mash ups” which are pureed fruits and/or veggies, but she still not touch a fresh piece of fruit put on her plate. She likes most of her cooked veggies though. Lately I would say that Mooyah Burger is her favorite place to eat. Love a good cheeseburger and fries. She even wants a chocolate milkshake!—(but must be chocolate). Her favorite cereal is Honey Comb or maybe Multi-grain Cheerios. She is getting a little better at drinking milk, but usually asks for water or orange juice (that we but fortified with calcium).

Andi is now wearing size 24 months to 2T shirts and 18-24 months jeans and mostly 12 or 18 months dresses and skirts. Size 5 or 6 shoes. She is in a size 4 diaper.

What a beautiful, smart, talented girl! She makes my heart melt and brings a smile to all our faces.

No comments: