Say "cheese!"

"Sweet puppy Pearl-Pearl. I love you." 23 months old! Really?! Is my baby girl going to be TWO in less than a month?! How can this be?!
A few things Andi did or said this past month that were worth capturing and sharing:
1/28/12: We were upstairs in the playroom and Andi fixed Dave and I a pretend meal. Before we could eat it she said a prayer, "Dear God, thank you for this food. Amen."
The same day, Andi picked up a little booklet and said, "Let me read yopu a story. Once upon a time there was a little girl named Andi. She loved her mommy and daddy and her puppy, Pearl Pearl. The end"
Sunday, 01/29/12: The nursery coordinator asked if we would be ok with Andi moving up to the young 2 year old Bible class. I was thrilled. I had been wanting her to move up, thinking she would grow more and do better with this age group. She did excellent!
That afternoon we went to the Heard Museum to see the last day of the dinosaur exhibit. Andi loves seeing the dinosaurs and loved showing mommy and daddy all the animals.
Andi is now liking to play hide and seek. She will say, “I’m going to hide from you.” Or “Mommy go hide and I will come find you.” She wants to play this sometimes when she should not, like in the store. She will run down the aisle and say, “Mommy, I am going to hide from you!” I then have to try and explain to her that she cannot hide from mommy in the store.
01/30/12: We were sitting at dinner and talking about her going to school tomorrow and playing nicely with her friends. I asked “How do we play nicely with our friends?” Andi said, "Everybody gives hugs!" Good answer!
While we go anywhere in the car, Andi always asks, "Where's everybody going?" She has also learned about the stop lights. Andi will say, "Red means stop; green means go!" She has started to ask, “What does the yellow light mean?” “Yield?” I have taught her that it means yield, but she wants to know what the means so I have said, “yield means: slow down, be careful.” Andi is always wanting to learn-Always seeking new learning opportunities!
She is at the stage now where she wants to do everything by herself without any help: eat, buckle her booster/highchair seatbelt, sit on chair/couch, put on her shoes, etc.
Saturday morning 01/28/12, Dave and I were laying in bed and had heard Andi wake up and stir a little in her crib. After a few minutes she yelled, "Get me outta here!" All Dave and I could do was look at each other and crack up. What a funny girl!
Andi continues to add words to her vocabulary…if that s even possible! I feel as though she knows every word and phrase out there. She still enjoys singing. Her newly added song is The Farmer in the Dell.
Andi is great with directions. She will use the words “left, right, up, down, over, under, beside, and on top of. She will also ask us to “come along, Mommy/Daddy. Come along.”
Andi continues to be an excellent sleeper. Still sleeping in her crib and we are in no hurry of changing that. She has become a little attached to her “praying bear.” It is a yellow beanie baby that she found at Ninnie and Pop’s house when they were cleaning it out. She will ask for it by saying, “I want my yellow praying bear.” I hope she does not become too attached to where we cannot leave home without it or cannot sleep without it. She sure does love her “praying bear.” Andi has pretty much been using her pacifier only in the crib and in the car. This week (as in a day ago), we started only using the pacifier in the crib.
Andi loves reading books and enjoys watching her movies too. She stills likes Elmo’s World but her favorites are Lion King and Dumbo. She likes the cartoons Caillou, Dora the Explorer, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Andi eats well. She is particular about what she eats, but I would say she is a good eater. She still does not want to try fruit. Except for bananas. This makes me laugh because she will eat the ugly looking vegetables. Loves black olives, mushrooms, green beans, black beans, but refuses to even look at or touch pretty, colorful fruit. I am just thankful she likes her veggies. She gets her fruit by drinking her orange juice and eating her “mash ups.”
We are loving life and this stage is precious! Trying to soak it all in and make memories everyday. LOVE this girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment