We have had a really fun summer. Really fun. We started the summer by going to Austin to spend some time with Dave's family and then made our way to San Antonio for a weekend with the Sweatman family. Then Dave and I took a couples getaway with friends to Cozumel while Andi and Eastman had a staycation with Nana. When Dave and I were telling Andi about her and Eastman about Dave and I taking a trip to Mexico and that they would be getting to go spend a few days at Nana and Papa's house, she was thrilled, but then she asked, "Why do I not get to go to the beach? I would like to go to the beach." Well I was on her side. We should take the kids to the beach. So Dave and I toyed with the idea of going to Daytona Beach and possibly Disney a few weeks later. It no longer was a thought of 'if' we will go, we decided that we would go, just needed to decide how long we would spend there and if we wanted to brave going to Disney World. Well, we did it and had so much fun and the beach and Disney. We even decided to go back for more and did Disney for two days! (I will ned to post pictures of our adventures soon!)
Of course, Andi had some clever phrases and thoughts, as always.
6/29: Dave and I had just come home from a wonderful vacation in Cozumel with three other couples, Spencers, Mabrys, and Havens, and we had a great time. We asked Andi and Eastman all about their time with Nana and Papa and they had a blast. They went to the aquarium, splash park, movies, swimming, and to Celebrate Allen (bounce houses and a day of fun to celebrate Independence Day). I am so thankful that Nana and Papa take such great care of my kiddos and treat them to fun activities too. Andi and Eastman love going to Nana and Papa's house. After hearing about all the fun they had, I wondered if they missed us--although I knew that they need. Andi said, "Mom, I cried every night when you were gone." Oh my sweet girl. I do not know if she really did or not, but sweet of her to let me know that she missed us. Nana did say that Eastman asked her everyday, "Whee's Mommy?" I was also curious to hear about how they slept (because Eastman does not like to be alone and I imagine he crawled into their bed at some point or needed to snuggle with Andi.) The kids slept on a giant pallet on the floor in Nana and Papa's bedroom. Papa said that without fail though, Eastman would make his way into their bed sometime in the night or early morning. Sometimes Andi would too. I asked Andi about sleeping on the pallet and how fun that was and if she snuggled with her brother. Andi said, "Eastman held my neck at night when we slept on a pallet in Nana and Papa's room." She said that she would wake up and his hand would be on her neck. I am a little shocked that she was ok with this, but so sweet of her. My silly boy! He requests to hold my neck when he is sleepy and I guess she I was not there, he would hold his sister's neck. Pretty cute. Andi thought it was funny and laughed when she told us about it.
Andi learned how to whistle while we were in Mexico (and has not stopped whistling since!). She is pretty proud of her new talent.
7/1: Early in the morning on July 1st, Pop passed away. He had been in the hospital just a few days, but suddenly got weak. Pop is a remarkable man and we will all miss having him here with us, but we know that he is in Heaven rejoicing. I am thankful that we got to spend some time with him a few hours before his passing and tell him that we love him and he was able to tell us that he loves us and is proud of us. Proud of who we are and how we are raising our families. We have talked about death and heaven before in our family. I will say that I am amazed at how Andi responds to it and there are times when I thinks she has a better concept of heaven than I do. We were getting ready for bed when Andi said, "Momma, you won't be gone when you die. You will always live in out hearts. Your spirit will be in heaven." I immediately teared up and hugged her sweet neck and told her that I loved her that she was right.
7/7: One day we were on our way home and she really wanted to go somewhere to eat. I think she wanted some chicken salad from Zoe's. (She loves their chicken salad, I so do I.) Eastman had fallen aslepp int he car and I had already told her that we were going to go home and make sandwiches for lunch. When I told ehr that we would not be going anywhere for lunch, but would be going home, she was upset. She really wanted me to take her to get lunch at Zoe's. She said, "When I am sixteen I will get to go anywhere I want because I will be able to drive and will have a car!" (Oh my! Did my 5 year old really just say that?!) I calmly explained to her that she would be able to drive that she will still to to let mom and dad know where she is going and make sure that it ok. Fortunately, I had just called Dave prior to this conversation with her, so I was able to use that as an example. I told her that I had just called Daddy to tell him that we were headed home for lunch. When she is sixteen, we will expect her to call us and let us know where she is going.
7/13: Did I mention that we took the kids to Disney World Magic Kingdom earlier this month. Well we did and it was wonderful! On our way into theparking lot of Magic Kingdom, Dave looked back at the kids and said, "You're about to see the greatest place in the world! Andi said, "But not as great as heaven!"
OK stay tuned for pictures of our summer adventures. I promise to post some as soon as I get them off the camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment