25 months old...another wow! Not sure I am going to keep up with monthly posts now that Andi is Two, but she is doing so much and saying such cute things on a daily basis that I might have to!
Here are just a few things that I wrote down that were too cute to forget.
Andi is very much into dinosaurs. She loves to play with them, knows several different dinosaur names: (Triceratops, T-Rex, Stegasaurous, Pteradactyl, Woolly Mammoth). She likes to play with her dinosaurs in their cave (which is a cardboard box). Her favorite thing to do is to make her dinosaurs a birthday cake and sing them the "Happy Birthday" song.
Andi has mastered the rock wall on her fort in the backyard. She loves to climb up it and prefers it over the ladder now. She also has goten to where she really enjoys gong down the slide. Before now she would go down it, but now she asks to go down it or just does so on her own. I think she is proud of her accomplishment of climbing the rock wall and is proud of her fort. When we see others like it, she will remark, "That looks kind of like my playground, like my fort."
4/1: andi begged to take a dinosaur to bed with her, so shewent to bed with her plastic toy dinosaur, "Mommy Triceratops."
I asked her after dinner if she wanted a mash-up and her reply was, "Yes! That would make me so happy!"
As we drove by Allen's baseball field, Andi yelled, "Mommy! Look an eagle. Can we go watch baseball? Can we go watch Uncle Shawn play baseball?"
4/4: One evening while playing downstairs and helping me make dinner Andi said, "I want to be a moviestar!" I said, "What did you say?" And sure enough, she said it again, "I want to be a moviestar!"I guess Andi is grasping the idea of good and bad choices becuase she said to me "That's a bad choice!" Cannot recall what we were doing...I think I was suggesting option of things to play or maybe it was food choices. Either way, she did not like it.
Andi is singing all the time! I know she is my child because she makes up her own songs about what she is doing or where we are going. She has even started repeating some of my made up songs. This makes me laugh becuase I will sing her a made up song and she will ask me to "sing again, Mommy" but I am not always confident that when I repeat the song that I sang the same words or tune the second time through. I have been singing, "Hush Little Baby...Momma's Gonna Buy You a Mockingbird" After the Diamond Ring verse, I just start making it up, and Andi has started singing my made up verses while we play. So funny and cute!
4/14: Shane and Anna Lee came to visit and kept Andi while Dave and I went to prom. (Yes, we went to prom (as chaperones). While at dinner (at her favorite place: Mooyah Burger) Andi said, "I am seeing a lot of silver cars." Shane asked her again and she pointed to a silver car and said it again, "I am seeing lots of silver cars."
The day before, Andi got to spend an hour or two at work with Papa. I went to pick her up after and while I was there I wanted her to see my cat, Blue. They sat next to each other and I took a couple pic and Andi got to pet her. Well, Blue decided she had enough and snapped at Andi. When Shane and Anna Lee came over they were asking about all she did that week. I asked Andi, "Did you see Blue Kitty yesterday at work with Papa?" Andi said, "Yes, she bite me." I guess she doesn't forget things like she used to. Oh well, she still seems to really like cats. But Pearl is her favorite. She will even tell us that now. "This is my teeny-tiny puppy Pearl Pearl. I love her. She is my favorite puppy! She loves me." Andi loves to give Pearl hugs and Pearl usually tolerates them.
4/15: We were at church and after the congregation got done singing a song, Andi said "Good singing everybody!" and started clapping her hands. Also, Andi wants to be able to sing along in church but the only song she wants to sing while there lately is Lion King...."Aaaahhhhh Sevenyah....dedelalalala" This is Andi's version and she belts it out!
4/17: When getting ready for bed, Andi grabbed a book, Bobby's Zoo. A book that we borrowed from the library and had only read a few times. She grabbed the book and I thought she was going to ask Dave or I to read it, but instead she said, "No, I read it." She sat down, opened it up and shocked us when read entire book, word-for-word! I absolutely love it when Andi will run to me, arms stretched out and exclaim, "Mommy!" when I go pick her up after work. melts my heart and brings me such overwhelming joy. Can completly turn a ho-hum day into a wonderful one!
Soemthing else that I think is adorable is when I will be waiting for her (to give her something or put on pajamas, etc.) and Andi will say in such a sweet tone, "I'm coming, Mommy..."
Love this girl more than words can express!






1 comment:
Great post Shara. Wish we posted more content like this on our blog about Samuel rather than airplanes. PS I don't think a Woolly Mammoth is a dinosaur.
Post a Comment