**Here are some of Andi's funny phrases for the month...
When we are in the car and the air conditioner is blowing too hard for Andi's liking, she will say, "Turn the wind off."
"Oh what a mess..." Unfortunately I hear this morn than I would like to admit (especially when Andi opens the doors to my closet).
4/23/12:
Andi's favorite game right now and to play "Hide and Seek." Andi and I were hiding together while Daddy came to look for us. While seeking us, Daddy would say, "Where could they be? Are they in_____?" Andi would make it easy on him and where ever we were hiding would say, "We're in here. We're in the bathtub." or "We're under the blanket." Then it would be her turn to seek and she would cover her eyes and count to ten and then exclaim, "Ready or not here I come."
After dinner Andi said, "Can I have a napkin to wipe my face?" Also after dinner Dave burped. Andi looked at him and said, "Excuse you!"
I guess my little lady is sometimes not-so-lady like..."I tooted. Excuse me." while giggling.
Along with playing Hide and Seek, Andi likes to imitate animals.. The new ones this month were bats and kangaroos. Andi exclaimed, "Let's hang upside down like bats!" Then preceeded to get on the couch and hand off of it upside down (just like a bat). The she wanted to be kangaroos. I picked her up and we started hopping around the room (she likes to be baby kangaroo). She surprised us when she said, "I'm a joey in mommy kangaroo's pouch." (What 2 year old knows that a baby kangaroo is called a Joey?!)
4/28/12:
Andi was invited to her friend Avery's 2nd birthday party and who showed up to surprise them? Minnie Mouse! Andi was not sure about her at first but watched the other girls hug her and dance with her, so Andi joined in the action.
5/2:
"I have long, strong legs like a frog!"
"The fan is blowing our hair away."
Called Daddy "Honey, my Honey."
Andi is able to put her Crocs shoes on all by herself. Prefers to put them on without any help. "I can do it. I can put them on all by myself" She will even say, "This one goes on my right foot and this one goes on my left foot." Andi also likes to take off her own socks and now even pulls her shorts on and off, more often times off.
5/3:
"Come on , Princess!" to Pearl. (I must say this to Andi sometimes, calling her princess and she thought that would be a good term of endearment for Pearl too.)
Andi, Pearl and I were in the car driving to Nana and Papa's house. Andi looked at Pearl and said, "Stop whinning, Pearl. Don't worry, Pearl. We'll be back in a minute."
5/4:
Andi and i were eating dinner on our own and sitting at a booth just outside the play area. There was a boy who was playing in the play area, looking at us throught the glass while we ate, trying to make us laugh. Andi said, "Hi Handsome." Oh my! Really?! I couldn't help but laugh. I texted Dave immediately and his response was "Oh no!"
Were were making play dough snakes, when Andi said, "Bye-Bye. Give me a kiss. This little baby snake needs her mommy. She loves her mommy." Jsut precious. She really likes the mommy/baby relationship.
Out of the blue, she said, "What a wonderful day!"
I got Andi a new pair of Crocs shoes and really wanted her to try them on. I put them on her feet and she said, "These shoes feel good on me, mommy." looking at her new Dora Crocs.
5/7: Andi now loves making funny faces. She will say, "Watch this mommy." Then she covers her face with her hands, moves them away and tilts to the side with a huge smile on her face and her tongue sticking out and arms raised above her head. Then she ask, "Is that silly, Mommy?"
"Look... at... me... Mommy/Daddy!" She loves to say this when she is swinging. So she says it drawn out on each down/up swing, in rhythm with the swing.
In the past, Andi has had "Mommy, Daddy and Baby dinosaurs". Occasionally even "Brother and Sister dinosaur." Today she added, :"Grandma, Grandpa and Granddaughter dinosaurs."
5/9: While reading books before going to bed, Andi was picking out which book she wanted to read tonight. She pulled out one book (that has picture of a real baby dressed like a bumble bee) and said, "That baby book is too creepy!" Dave and I looked at each other as if to say, 'did she really just say that?' So I asked her, "What did you say?" She repeat it, "That baby book is too creepy!" Ha! Guess she will not ever what to read that one!
5/10: "My hair is getting so long!" She said this while combing fingers through her hair.
5/13: After church, Dave and Andi were playing and he was throwing her up in the air and she said, "Do it again, father!" This cracked us up. She said it again, "Do it again, father."
On that note, Andi knows that her mommy's name is "Shara" and her Daddy's name is "David." Dave asked her this a while back and she knew exactly.
5/14: With her arms stretched out, leaning back on bench in back yard, Andi said, "This is so comfortable."
5/17: Andi has become a fan of Winnie the Pooh. She even got a Winnie the Pooh and Eyore stuffed animal this month. She has been singing the theme song, "Winnie the Pooh, silly willy nilly old Bear. Well she decided to change it up this day and sang, "Silly willy nilly ole Nana." Then she sang, "Silly willy nilly little Momma."
It is remarkable how clearly Andi speaks and how many words/phrases she can say and piece together. I am trying to capture them all, but that is not possible. She makes s laugh and smile daily and warms my heart and soul in ways that words cannot express. I treasure these precious times with my precious girl.





No comments:
Post a Comment