Wednesday, July 25, 2012

28 months



A quick (but maybe not short) post including some of Andi's funny sayings/doings this past month...


Dave and I went to Cancun 6/21-6/25 and left Andi with my parents.  While we were gone, Andi renamed Pearl, "Sharky."  Even for a couple weeks after we returned, Andi would go around the house calling for "Sharky!"

6/27: When putting Andi to bed night, I asked if she wanted to sleep in her baby bed or big girl bed. She said, "I want to sleep in my big girl bed and you can sleep with me." I told her, "I cannot sleep with you.  Andi sleeps in Andi's bed and Mommy sleeps in Mommy's bed." She insisted. I then said to her, "You get to sleep with your little animals in our bed." She chimed in with, "And you get to sleep with your little animal, Daddy...Daddy polar bear." We just laughed together and I told her that was exactly right.



Andi only slept in her big girl bed once this past month.  She requested her "baby bed" when asked.  She still likes the secure, snug feeling of her crib.  Her favorite thing to sleep with has been "Eyore the donkey."  She really likes Winnie the Pooh and Eyore is her favorite character.  Most nights when putting her to bed, she asks, "Can you tell me a story about Winnie the Pooh?"  She will sometimes say, "Can you tell me an adventure of Winnie the Pooh?"  I start in with my story and list all of Winnie the Pooh's friends and if I forget one, Andi quickly chimes in with,  "and (ex. Piglet) too."  She does not want any friends to be left out.  
6/29: Pooped in the potty!  Andi is officially potty trained. That didn't take long.  Like I said last month, urinating in the toilet was easy and she caught on quick, but pooping was intimidating.  But that did not last too long.  After going for the first time in the potty, she has gone in it consistently ever since.  She still wears a diaper to bed, but almost always wakes up dry.  She will tell us when she needs to go potty.  She will say, Mommy (Daddy)!  I need to go potty!  Also, she wants us to tell her a story when she needs to go potty.  If there are no books at hand, she will ask one of us to tell her a story (usually about Winnie the Pooh).
Was wearing a pull up and said, "Take this off, Mommy." She sat on the toilet and did it. She was so proud of herself and we bragged on her a lot.  She then bragged on herself a lot too.  She got a new art toy for her accomplishment.  Each time after going poop in the potty after that first time, she will run out and brag on herself and say, I went poo-poo in the potty.  Now I can have that new art toy."  It is great that she does not expect a new toy each time, just the same new toy that she got the first time.  :)

7/1: Andi continues to impress me...constantly.  I have told about how interested she is into dinosaurs.  Andi knows her dinosaurs names and descriptions.  I can ask her, "Which one has three horns" and she will answer, "Triceratops."  I can point to a Stegosaurus and she will say, "That is a stegosaurus."

7/2: "It's just pretend..."  Andi will use this phrase often.  She is very good at pretend play and has an outstanding imagination.  If she wants something (and we don't have one anywhere) I can pretend to hand her something and say, "Here it is."  She will accept it and say, "Thank you, Mommy."

7/3: Started saying "y'all."  It is really cute.  She knows if there are tow or more people, she should say y'all instead of you.

7/10: Andi said, "Now I'm a real princess, Daddy.  And you are a prince.  Mommy is a princess too."  Adorable!



7/11: "I wish I could have my own little kitten at my house."  Yes, these exact words came out of Andi's mouth.  And she has said it several times since then.

7/12: When we were at the airport departing for Los Angeles, California, Andi is so excited! She keeps saying, "We are flying on an airplane to California to see Uncle Shawn and Aunt Lynley."


While on the plane, when the rest of the passengers were nervous and anxious due to the extreme turbulence, Andi wasn't.  She was saying, "Whee!"

After we landed and Andi was looking out the plane window, she said, "That's the biggest airplane I ever saw!" over and over again. 



7/15:  Andi loves her uncles.  She had a great time getting to spend time with both Shane and Shawn.  Andi really liked going to Shawn and Lynley's hotel room and making at tent on their bed.  She would pretend that crocodiles were on the floor (or sharks) and would then offer a solution, "Maybe I have something in my backpack that could help."  What an imagination.  Oh, and she learned to like pillow fights.  :)

7/16: Driving home from the baseball game, we were talking about going to Universal Studios and I said something about there not being much there for Andi to do.  Andi looked at us and said, "Maybe I can get my face painted."  Where does she come up with these things.  We have not ever talked about face painting or has she gotten it done. 



After the baseball game, when we got back to the hotel Shawn asked Andi, What did you do at the game tonight."  Andi said "I watched you play baseball."  Of course!


As always Andi does or says something new eacha nd everyday and she just continues to amaze and impress me.  I love my little princess!

1 comment:

Shane and Laine said...

She looks like such a big girl!