Friday, November 30, 2012

32 months



The days keep going by so quickly! 

Andi contiues to be big into pretend play.  She is always using her imagination.  We never know who she is going to be and what role she is going to want us to play.  We are often a new character each day or deifferent depending on what we are doing at the moment.  In the car, she likes to pretend that we are The Little Einsteins.  The car is 'Rocket,' Dave is Quincy, Andi is Leo, I am Annie.  Another favorite of hers continues to be Winnie the Pooh.  When I drop her off at Nana's she often says, "Bye, Kanga."  And I say, "Bye, Roo.  I love you."  A new favorite pretnd play is Captain Hook.  Andi usually makes Dave be Captain Hook.  But it is really funny and cute when Andi pretends to be Captain Hook and talks in a scruffy, deep voice.  Andi is also a big fan of Dora and Boots.  I am usually Dora and she is Boots.  We go on adventures around the house and yard.  When not playing a particular character, she likes to pretend to be a kitty cat and sometimes a puppy dog-giving puppy kisses.

Here are some particular moments in time when Andi did or said something cute and funny:
10/7:
Andi and I went to visit Dave at his school since I had the day off.  One of Dave's friends gave Andi some animal crackers to snack on.  We were asking her what animals they were.  She picked one out and said, "This is a dromedary.  A dromedary has one hump and a camel has two."  Love that girl!

10/24:
Nana was reading Little Miss Muffet.  Nana got to the part to say "along came a spider..."  Andi chimed in, "Nana, that's not a spider, that's an arachnid!"  Oh my!  We had been talking about spiders being arachnids and having eight legs.  Just shows that she is a little sponge, soaking it all in.  She has even now been singing, "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider Arachnid."  What a clever little girl!
Shawn was reading her a book and got to a page that had seals on it.  Andi said to him, "That's a sea lion not a seal, Uncle Shawn."

Later that same day when Andi was playing with Shawn, his phone started ringing (quacking).  his ring tone sounds like a duck.  Andi asked, "Shawn, is that your friend duck or duck-billed platypus?"





10/27:
We got to go the The State Fair of Texas October 18th, the day before Big Tex said his final farewell.  I am thankful that we got to go.  Andi and I went with Nana, Papa, Shane, Anna, Shawn, and Lynley.  Poor Dave did not get to go b/c he could not get out of work in time.  We had a really good time.  We rode the ferris wheel, ate some yummy foods, rode a couple rides, played games and actually won prizes (all of which were given to Andi) and more.  The next week, Dave asked Andi, "What did you think about Big Tex?"  Andi's response, "I think he was talking very slowly."  I burst into laughter becuase that was exactly right.  When we were at the Fair, she stared at him in amazement for a long while and I guess this is what was going through her head while she watched/listened to him talk.
10/28:
I had gotten Andi a really cute ice cream cone costume (at a great price) for Halloween.  Dave and I were telling her how cute she would be but her response was, "I'm going to be a cat. I told my classmates I was going to be a cat."  I laughed, and so did Dave, becuase of the phrase "classmates" and because it is no surprise that she wanted to be a cat.  She then decided that mom had to be a cat too.
11/10:
We went over to see JJ and Brad.  JJ asked, "Andi, what does your daddy do for his job? For work?" Andi's response: "He's a golf player."  Of course, Dave loved this and said, "I wish!"

Shawn told me one day that Andi put her hand on his shoulder and said, "I'm just so worried about you, Darling."  We do not know what she meant by that, but just so cute. 

Her teacher at school said that one day, she turned to her friend Will, held his face in her hands and said, Look into my eyes, Will." 
She loves school and has been doing so well there.  Her best friend at school is Kinley and her other favorite friends are Will and Brynn (Brynnie as Andi calls her).  Andi will talk about these friends all the time! 


Andi loves to have her arms scratched!  Really it can be anything, her legs, back, arms...she loves being scratched.   In a pathetic little, sweet, soft voice she will say, "Scratch it."  She will even push her long sleeves up for me to scratch her arms. This reminds me of my Ninnie.  Ninne would always scratch our arms when we were in teh car on the way to somethng.  I mentioned this to Anna Lee and Lynley and they both said that Shane and Shawn like to have their arms scratched.  Anna Lee said that she will wake up and see Shane scratching his arms in his sleep sometimes.  Just a sweet little reminder of Ninnie.




1 comment:

Melissa said...

what a funny little girl! i just laughed out loud at all of those :)