Friday, December 21, 2012

33 months



Another month older...and still blowing us away with her eagerness to learn and her quick wit.

Andi is really interested now in sounding out words and wanting to know what letter each word starts with.  She is even wanting to know how to spell some words.  

Once again I want to jot down and share some of the funny things Andi did or said this past month.

11/22:  While we were in Abilene celebrating Thanksgiving with Dave's family, Dave's Aunt Martha and her husband Keenan came over to visit for a while.  Keenan has a lot of tattoos, covering both arms.  Andi took a look at him and asked, "Do you have stamps?"  We all just died laughing.  How cute of her to think and ask him if he got stamps.  

Also over Thanksgiving break, Andi curiously asked, "Will my baby brother have brown eyes like me?"  She has been very sweet preparing to be a big sister.  She already loves her little brother very much and is eager to meet him and help care for him.  She is already trying to care for him-feeding me pieces of her meals, telling me that Bubba wants some.  She also says that if he cries she will give him a bottle and read him a book.  He has been very active lately, kicking a lot.  He kicks most when Andi and I are reading books.  I guess he is already wanting to read like his big sister and be involved in what she is doing.

11/27:  This evening Andi was (as usual) consumed with pretend play.  This time instead of us being cartoon or book characters, we were her school friends.  I was Kinley (says she is her best friend and talks about her all the time)  and Dave was Will (her and Will have been in the same class since they were six months old.)  It was just so cute for her to walk us through a day at school with her and her friends.  She was the line leader (of course) and we held onto the rings as we walked the hall together.

12/6:  I was dropping Andi off at Nana's house before work as usual and asked Andi for a hug as I was leaving.  Andi looked up at me, reach out her arms, and said, "I'll just get a Bubba hug" and wrapped her arms around my belly.  Precious!

12/9: Andi's Bible school teacher sought us out to tell us that Andi made her laugh during class-so much so that she has been telling this to all of her friends.  She said that they were talking about manna from heaven and also talking about other foods that God has blessed us with.  They were using stickers to put on their papers.  Andi picked a banana sticker, held it up to her teacher, and said, "Would you like a banana?" After Kristin said "Yes."  Andi quickly responded with, "What are you, a monkey?"  Kristin said that it was just so funny how quickly she came up with it and how she said it.  

12/17: This one might be Dave's favorite story.  I will preface with the notion that I did debate telling him.  But I thought that it was too good not to share.  Andi and I were at Dillard's finishing up our Christmas shopping.  We walked in and near the entrance of the store was a life-sized standing cut-out of Justin Beiber.  Andi just stopped and stared.  In my head I thought, "Oh my!  She is way too young to have a crush!  Is he really that mesmerizing?!  Wow!  Andi is only two!"  Before I could dwell on that thought too long, Andi reached up and grabbed his hand and hugged his leg and said, "Oh, Daddy!  I'm so glad we found you.  We have been looking all over for you."  I laughed out loud.  A couple of girls that were walking by laughed out loud too.  I wondered- "Hmmm are they thinking, "wow, she must have a cute husband" or were they thinking, "oh this poor child.  Her mom is telling her that Beiber is her dad."  :)  HeeHee.  It really was a funny moment.  Andi just continued for a long time holding onto his hand and/or leg and saying, "Oh Daddy, I've missed you."  So as you can see, I debated whether or not I would tell Dave.  I did not want this to go to his head.  But I told him and he ate it up and wanted me to tell others this funny and flattering story.  :)

It is official.  Andi's favoirite color is Pink.  She reminds us constantly.  Anytime she sees something pink, she wants it and will tell us, "You know?  My favorite color is pink."

Nana gave Andi an ornament and told her that she could take it home to hand on her tree.  The ornament was a small stocking.  Andi said, "This is a stocking Bubba." She came home and hung the tiny stocking on the mantle next to her stocking.  What a sweet girl.  Already thinking of and caring for her little brother.

No comments: