Sunday, March 31, 2013

Andi is Three!



I am still a little bit in shock that Andi is three.  How can this be?!  She is still my baby girl!

As you can see in the picture, Andi loves pink unicorns and requested a pink unicorn birthday party this year.  I will try to post party pics soon.  It all turned out really cute. 

I asked Andi some questions about her favorites... (I hope to ask her these same questions each year on her birthday to see how they change.)  Her answers are in pink, I have added a few thoughts of my own in parenthesis.  

1. What is your favorite color? pink
2. What is your favorite toy? New Puppy
3. What is your favorite fruit? banana (Andi doesn't eat any other kind of fruit.   Won't even try)
4. What is your favorite TV show? Team Umizoomi (Andi also likes Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Dora, Daniel Tiger, Mickey)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Mac and Cheese
6. What is your favorite outfit? tutu (if she gets to pick, she always chooses a tutu)
7. What is your favorite game? tag (Andi loves to run and play tag-you're it!  She also likes Hungry Hippos, Hi Ho Cherrio)
8. What is your favorite snack? Lucky Charms
9. What is your favorite animal? unicorn
10. What is your favorite song? ABCs (Andi is a singer.  She can sing all of Part of your World on The Little Mermaid.  She walks around the house, singing about what she is doing, making up her own songs.)
11. What is your favorite book? the moon book (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, a book of nursery rhymes.  Andi can pretty much readt his book to me.  It has a dozen or so stories in it and she can literally read (recite) every word on each page.  She even corrects me if I say a word incorrectly or miss a word.  After we read a couple stories and tuck her in bed, she will get this book and read it to herself or her animals in bed until she gets sleepy.)
12. Who is your best friend? Kinley (Kinley goes to school with Andi at KidCare.  They really are great friends.  When I dropped Andi off at school, she saw Kinley in the hall, yelled her name and they both ran towards each other and gave each other a huge hug.  At home, I often times have to pretned I am Kinley when I play upstairs with Andi.  Guess we need to invited Kinley over :).)
13. What is your favorite cereal? Lucky Charms
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? run, go to the park
15. What is your favorite drink? chocolate malt or chocolate milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas (I would have guessed birthday because she talks about her birthday constantly)
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Toto
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? cereal (Andi loves cereal-almost all kinds- and would eat it for every meal and snacks if we let her.)
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Bar-B-Cutie  (She loves their mac and cheese.  She also likes Chickfila, Which Wich, Mooyah Burger.)
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? a doctor
21. What is your favorite movie? Cinderella




Again here are some things that Andi did or said this past month that I thought were worth making note of...

2/24: "Mommy, my heart is broken."  I asked if she was not feeling well.  She had been crying.  She asked me to fix it and make her all better.  Of course I was happy to do so.  I hope my girl always needs me and will ask me to help make it all better.  I was rocking her in the chair in the nursery.  She is still my baby girl...even if she is three and constantly reminding me that she is a big girl. 

3/10: I was talking with Andi about me getting to stay home with her and not go to work.  It was spring break and I was officially on maternity leave to for the rest of the school year.   Andi asked if Eastman had been going to work with me. I told her, "Yes, because he is in my belly."  She said, "Yes, because that's where his playroom is, in your tummy."

3/11: She was watching her princess sing-along movie in the car.  The Little Mermaid came on and was singing Part of your World.  Dave began to sing along too.  Andi said, in a stern voice, "Daddy, remember my direction! Only the mermaid sings that song." 

3/13: Andi was talking to her tummy in the car on the way to dinner, "It's ok tummy. Just a little longer and you'll get to eat your mac and cheese. We are almost there."

At dinner we were asking Andi where she got her brown eyes. I asked her if she got those from her Momma.  She responded,  "God made my pretty brown eyes." Brought tears to my eyes.

3/15: "Are you kidding me, guys?"

Correlates British accents with puppet shows--because Dave always uses a British accent when putting on a puppet show for Andi. One day, Dave was talking in an English accent, imitating someone.  Andi said, "No daddy, this is not a puppet show."

3/17: Andi got a boy baby doll for her birthday. She told me, in her sweet mommy voice, "He was in my belly last year, but now he's out.  You just have food in your tummy. Now that he's not in my tummy anymore, I can run with you."  (She always wants me to run with her and I have had to use the excuse that I cannot run with a big baby in my belly.)

No comments: