Monday, February 25, 2013

35 months




Less than one month away and my baby girl will be three!  How can this be?!

I'll continue on with some cute sayings/things she did this past month:


1/18:  While at Kroger, grocery shopping with Dave, Andi exclaimed, "Look at that big ole guy. He's huge!"  Dave said he was a little embarrassed and told her that wasn't very nice to say.  She replied, "But Daddy, he is.  He is really big."  Dave told me that he really was a big guy.  Kids are so honest and tell things as they see them.

1/20:  To celebrate Shawn's birthday, Lynley rented out a cabin where we could all go to relax, go fishing, have a campfire, and they boys could shoot their guns.  Before the weekend adventure, Papa took Andi to Cabela's where they found a pink fishing pole and pink tackle box that Andi needed if she was going to go fishing.  After all, pink is her favorite color.  Well, I will have to say that it paid off.  Andi caught her first fish this weekend.  In fact, she was the first person to catch a fish.  We woke up early that morning and met Shawn and Shane out on the dock.  Shawn had already been out there awhile getting ready.  Within five minutes of being out there, Andi caught a fish.  She was so excited.  Actually, Andi was the only one to catch a fish until later that morning.  We went in to join everyone else for breakfast and to warm up.  Andi told everyone, "I caught three fish. Uncle Shane caught nothing and uncle Shawn caught nothing. That got zero."  Oh we thought it was hilarious and pretty stinkin' cute, but I think it fueled her uncles to go back out there and try again.  Shawn said that he might even have to try Andi's pink Barbie fishing pole.  I will say they were more successful after breakfast.

1/20:  After reading her a book three times, saying a prayer, and tucking her in for the night, Andi asked for three books to read in bed to her animals.  When we got downstairs, we turned on the monitor and listened to her.  She was reading Traffic Jamboree and was counting each animal in Spanish 1-10 while reading the book to her snuggly animals.

1/24:  At school, when Nana dropped her off, Mrs. Liz was waiting at the door and said, "Someone has been waiting for you."  Kinley was waiting at the door and gave Andi a huge hug.  (Kinley and Andi have become the best of friends at school.)  Then Will came and gave Andi a hug.  (Another one of Andi's favorite friends at school.)  Then two more kids ran over and hugged Andi. Precious little friends.  I will say that is a great way to start the school day!

1/26:  Standing in the garage, Dave snapped his fingers and said, "Andi get over here." trying to get her in the car.  Andi quickly said, "Well, what do you think, I am a dog?"  WE couldn't help but laugh.  Even though Dave was frustrated and wanted her to get into the car, that frustration fled and we had a good laugh.  She is so quick.

1/28:  Sitting in the back of the car, watching her princess movie sing-a-long, Andi said, "I don't like that word."  I tried to figure out what part she did not like and it was a clip from The Little Mermaid, singing Part of That World: "flipping your fins you can't get too far."  Starting her young to know that we do not like to use the word can't.  We tell her that she can do anything.

1/31:  Papa asked Andi, "How's Eastman doing?'  Andi told him, "I don't know.  He went to work with Mommy."  How cute and clever is that?!

2/14: Andi has learned how to give hints.  I told her that I had a Valentine's Day present for her.  She asked what it was and I told her she had to wait to find out because it was a surprise.  She then said, "Is it bigger than my foot?  Is it bigger than my head?"  Her questions continued until she guessed what her gift was!  When it came time to give Dave his present, she first gave him some hints of what it was used for.  Smart girl.

I cannot believe that the next time I blog, I will have a three year old.  I cannot believe how quickly time has flown by!  Andi is at such a fun age and loves to play, laugh, sing, and snuggle.  Love my Andi girl!

No comments: