Friday, January 31, 2014

Andi is 3 years 10 months (December to January)

Andi loves her little brother!  I am so thankful for this endearing relationship.  Andi asked to hold Eastman and then wanted me to take their picture.  (I took advantage of that...Andi doesn't always like having her picture taken.)
 
Andi says some of the most precious things so I continue to try to jot a few down to remember...

12/19: Andi said, "We don't need presents and all these boxes and bows. Christmas is about family." (as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder)  Oh I just melted!

12/21: We went out of town to Lubbock to spend a few Christmas days with the Sneed family.  Andi was SO excited about staying in a hotel.  Just giddy!  When we got to Lubbock we went straight to the hotel to check in and unload.  She was loving it.  She was disappointed when we didn't stay and left to go to my unle and aunt's house wot spend time with the fam.  She would have loved to just stay at the hotel the whole time.  Oh the little joys!

12/22: We were riding in the car and Andi asked, "Remember when we went to that rock place for Noah's funeral and we sang blue skies and rainbows and let balloons up in the air to Noah?"  (such a precious heart)  I asked, "What is the rock place?"  She said, "You know, where Noah's funeral was. The rocks had people's names on them."  She sure does love and remember and think of her little cousin often.

Later that same day...
When we were going to bed, we were talking about Christmas and celebrating Jesus's birthday and all he's done for us. So we can go to heaven someday. Andi said she would take Pinky (her little blabket kitty).  I told her that we don't take things with us to heaven but that all of our favorite people that we love will be there. She said, "Like Noah."  I said Yes. I asked what she thought Jesus was doing with Noah.  Andi's response: "He is making him alive again."  Brought me to tears.  I can truely see Heaven through Andi.
Andi then asked when Meemaw would die. I talked about how she is old and when we are old we get closer to dying and going to heaven. She said, "But Noah was a tiny baby."  She then went straight in to talking fondly about her little cousins Zoey and Ashley and how she and Bubba have to be careful with them.

12/25: Andi has learned to cross her eyes... thanks to Aunt Lynley.  :)  I will have to see if I can capture this on camera.

12/27: Andi: "Thank you sun for shining for me but that's enough shining in my face!"

The weather was nice one day so we had a little picnic in the backyard.















12/31: Andi was sitting on my bed as we were getting ready for the Shivers to come over.  Andi had her little makeup bag and was putting on makeup when she said, "I need to get pretty for my friend Tyler to come over. I love him. He's my best friend."  "Tyler loves pretty girls, especially me." 
Uh-oh!

Andi has decided that next year she is going to ask Santa for a Hula Hoop.  When we were at Eastman's last well visit, she told Dr. Burton that and then proceeded to show him how to hula hoop (without a hula hoop).  It was quite hilarious.  So much that he called a couple of his nurses in so she could show them how to hula hoop.

Flying a kite with Uncle Shawn and Aunt Lynley



















1/13: When Dave and I went to Apsen, Andi stayed with Nana and Papa for five days.  On Monday, Shawn and Lynley picked Andi up from school and she got to stay at their housethat night for a slumber party.  What a treat!  She thought that was just the greatest!  They took her to the park to fly a kite.  They went to Chuck E.Cheese that night.  Ate at Chickfila and made brownies at home for dessert.  So thankful to have them so close and that they love on Andi as much as they do.  It really is a special bond and relationship.

1/16: At school, sometimes Eastman's class gets to go to Andi's mucic class and watch the big kids sing and dance.  Andi told me that Eastman cried today when she left music class.  He sure does love his sis.

No comments: