My girl keeps growing up! Just the other day, Dave said, "Are you talking to a teenager?" Andi is so articulate and smart that often times it seems as though we are talking to a young lady, not a four year old girl.
Andi took swimming lessons in April and has been asking often when she is going to take swimming lessons again. I really need to get her into some advanced classes. I feel as though most kids would not want to go to swim lessons, but Andi is begging for more.
4/22: Andi said, "Momma, did you know that today is Earth Day?" I asked, "Did y'all doing anything at school for earth day." She said, "We made plants." I asked if they were plants that she drew or plants that grow. Andi said, "Plants that grow. Plants you can eat." It then became a guessing game for me. "Lettuce? Corn?" "No, Mommy, we made three plants. Basil, One is Mexican, and I don't remember the other one." "Cilantro?" "Yes, that's it. Cilantro." We had to wait until later to see what the third one was: chives.
5/5: Andi can now swing on her own by pumping her legs. This is huge because she loves to swing and always want us to push her, but now she will proudly announce that she can do it on her own.
5/7: This morning Andi climbed into bed with me and asked what day it was. I said Wednesday and she said "oh yay. Nana day!" (That means that she doesn't have school and get sto spend the whole day with Nana.)
5/17: We were on our way to the McCarley's house and we pass a cemetery. Andi looked out the window and said, "I bet Ninnie is holding baby Noah right now." What a tender heart. She never ceases to amaze me and help us remember our precious loved ones. Of course this made me smile and brought me to tears.
6/17: Dave put one of Andi's sippy cups on the table in front of Andi and asked, "Andi is this your glass?" She responded, "No, Daddy. It is plastic." She was correct, it was made out of plastic. Cracks me up. Very literal.
6/24: We had some friends over and Andi said, "Ronnie you dont' look like yourself." He asked what she meant by that. She said, "Because you have a mustache." We asked her if she liked his mustache and she said, "No because it isn't twirly and twisty like my Daddy's." Oh my! Dave did not need another reason to keep and be proud of his mustache. Ha!









No comments:
Post a Comment