15 months--This is such a fun age! Eastman is constantly learning something new, saying a new word, and is very affectionate.
Hard for me to accept that Eastman Rex is 15 months old! Last night, before I went to bed, I went upstairs to check on him and when I peaked into his crib, I froze. It is as though I was looking at Andi when she was two years old. I really just there, taken back a little and it took me a moment to realize that this was my baby boy. I was in shock at how big he is. When he was asleep, he really looked as Andi looked when she was two.
Eastman is a ball of energy and such a happy boy. His laugh is infectious. When he laughs, he does it in full force. Mouth open wide and lots of loud giggles. He already believes that he can do anything. There is not anything that he cannot do. He does all that he can to keep up with his big sister. He has gotten to where he wants to play with her or near her. If Andi is upstairs playing, Eastman prefers to be up there too. It is pretty sweet the way he adores his big sister. She can get him to laugh every time.
He is a smart boy. He is good at following directions. If we ask him to do something, he does it. He knows exactly what we are saying and asking of him. In the morning, I will ask him to put his pacifier in the in his bed. Eastman takes it out of his mouth and throw it into his crib. If I say, "Give me his pacifier." He takes itout of his mouth and hands it to me.
Eastman is talking a lot now. There are many words he can say or attempt to say and he does a good job of telling us what he wants. Let me see if I can list some of the words that he says: agua, milk, snack, cereal, cheerios, crunchies, Pearl, Mama, Dada, Andi, Sissy, Papa, Nana, please, cheese, Maverick, banana, mash up, night-night, bed, pacifier (pa-pa), out, baseball, football, golf club, car, go-go-go, beep-beep, Gram, Grandavs, hippo, hat, hot coffee (ca-ca), cold, bath, car, cracker, spoon, bowl, snack, popcorn (cop-corn), pizza (pee-pee), bottle, book, pat-pat, shoes, zebra, diaper, bottom, poo-poo, tee-tee, shoo-shoo, all done, more, play, baby, don't do that, be right back, and the list goes on...I really am impressed at all the words he can say. This is just a few of the words he says daily.
Eastman likes to try to get dressed and he really loves shoes. He likes putting on his shoes and anyone else's shoes. He often brings us our shoes, ands them to us, and says, "Shoes." I think he is hopeful that if we put on our shoes we will go outside or for a walk or go somewhere.
Eastman likes to eat and he likes to snack. He is constantly going to the pantry, opening the door, and bringing a bag of something and says, "snack." Or he will carry around his snack bowl and if it is empty, he will stretch his arms out towards Andi if I she is eating something and he will say, Please." It is pretty funny and so sweet. I sometimes call him my little begger boy.
When we chan, "Lets go Rangers (clap-clap-clap-clap-clap)! Eastman gets so excited and hold his hands ready to clap. He also really likes the song, "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands."
His favorite books right now: Where is Little Bird, Jungle Jeep, Baby's First Bible Songs, and An Amazing Snowman (with Olaf from Frozen). He loves books! He is constantly going to get a book and carries it over to me while saying "book." He then sits himself in my lap and is ready for me to read him the book. What a cutie! His Sissy has always loved book and I am thankful that Bubba does too.
Sounds: vroom, bzzzz, beep-beep, ruff-ruff, meow-meow, elephant, roar, cluck cluck, quack quack, cockadoodledoo, neigh, baa, tweet. Eastman loves animals. Probably his favorite thing to play with: his jungle animals. He aslo does really like throwing a ball or using his golf clubs. The other day he discovered a toy fly and it was hilarious watching him move it around and say bzzz while making it "fly." He loves to play with his zoo animals and will play with them on the coffee table, having them hop along or run.
Specifics:
4/23: Eastman has discovered and loves the sandbox. He could sit int here and play for a long time. Unlike his sister at this age, he does not mind getting dirty. It is cute to watch him when he is done because he will brush of his hands by rubbing them together.
4/24: Oh no! Eastman can now open the doors in our house. He opened the master bedroom door to go out and now he daily opens then pantry door when he wants a snack.
4/26: He loves to color with chalk on the sidewalk or chalkboard. He also likes to taste it and still puts in in his mouth occasionally. But when he sees crayons or chalk, he will say "color" and reach for the chalk or crayons.
4/27: First said the word "out"
4/29: Eastman loves to spot he Chickfila cow at ranger game. he will point to it and say, "Moo."
5:5: This day Eastman said, "kangaroo," "baby," "diaper," and "big boy." What?! He really is my big boy. Nana asked him if baby Eastman needed a diaper and he responded, "big boy."







No comments:
Post a Comment