Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Eastman Rex-- August + September 2015

Eastman August

This boy keeps getting bigger and smarter.  Loving every moment.  So fun to watch his sense of pride when he accommplishes something new or tells something he has learned.

7/31: My smart boy knows his left from his right. Eastman said, "Mommy I need my left shoe." (He only had his right one on.)  I had not heard him differentiate left from right before so I was very impressed.

Potty training success!  This boy now consistently goes both tee-tee and poo-poo in potty.  He was actually rather easy to potty train.  (So thankful because everyone told me that boys were difficult to potty train.)  Only took a few days.  He did not like the feel of Pull-ups, so we went right to underwear and ta-da!

8/23: Eastman really likes goin to Chuck E. Cheese.  Today he asked to go to Chuck E. Cheese so that he could tell him that he went poo-poo in the potty and give him high five.

8:24: Eastman went with us to take Andi to her first day of kindergarten.  After dropping Andi off at school, Eastman said, "Go to my class?  See my playground and slide?"  Sure am glad that my kids like going to school.

8/27: I was tell Eastman how pretty he was and he interrupted me to strongly say, "I'm not pretty, I'm handsome!"

8/30: I love hearing this boy pray.  This is his prayer that he prays daily.  Almost always exactly the same: Dear God, Thank you that Gram and Grandavs come over. Jesus name, Amen."

For Andi and Eastman's first birthdays, Gram and Grandavs gave them voice recorded books.  The books are read by Gram and Grandavs.  Eastman loves to read these recorded books.  Gets them out nightly for us to "read."

Eastman September

9/6: Oh how I love this boy.  He enthusiastically said, "Jesus isn't in heaven. Jesus is in my heart!"

9/7: I did not know that my boy knew Spanish, but he just counted one to five in Spanish.

9/8: We went to Eastman's 'Meet the Teacher' and this smart boy introduced his sister as Andi Lynn Strickland and himself as Eastman Rex Strickland top his teachers at his school.  The teachers looked amazed.  They went through the the routine of school and what to bring and when they told us about bringing diapers, the were shocked to hear us tell them that he is fully potty trained.  That he does not need diapers.  They said that he is the only one in their class potty trained.

We were at the dentist and Dr. Rouse said that he was just going to 'paint' a little flouride on his teeth.  Eastman yelled, "I don't want to eat paint!"  I do have to say that he was not a fan of his dental visit.  Not one bit.  I would say that his entire visit lasted five minutes.  He did not want to lay down in that chair.  "Momma, hold me!" 

9/10: Since Andi loves to tell jokes, Eastman has also adopted that love.  His only go to joke is: "What is a pirate's favorite letter... R"

9/27: Would you believe that this boy can spell his name.  And he is so proud of himself.  "He will say "E-A-S-T-M-A-N, Eastman!" 

9/29: Eastman can count to twenty all by himself.

No comments: