Andi August
On the way to church we saw a little finder bender and I said, "Awe man. That stinks. Someone got into a car accident." From the backseat, Andi says, "Probably texting!" I laughed out loud at her response. She may have been right. At age five she knows that we should not text and drive. I pray that at age 16, she still thinks texting and driving its hazardous.
8/24: Well this one is an important one for the books! Andi ran downstairs in the morning and exclaimed, "It's Monday! My first day of kindergarten!' I guess our house was full of different emotions that day. Thrilled that Andi was excited about starting school. Thrilled. She was full of excitement and enthusiasm and I pray that continues through the years. She loves school, loves to learns, and is quick to make friends. Dave and I, on the other hand, were sad to see our baby start school. How did the time pass so quickly?! Dave and I also had the emotion of having to start back to work after being off all of summer. Dave and I were sure to take Andi to her first day of school. We would not miss that for the world! She has happy to go into her class, sit at her desk and get to work. We lingered a bit and took a few pictures as parents have to do, but she was ready for us to go so that she could get her first day of kindergarten started. She was rearing to go! Bittersweet for sure.
I picked Andi up from school so that I would get to hear all about her first day. She did have quite a bit to tell me, but not able to tell me anyone's name yet. Sounded like she had a terrific day. She is eager to go back again tomorrow. I told her that she could pick what we have for dinner tonight since today was a special day for her. She chose poppyseed chicken for dinner and wanted to help make it. This is her favorite homemade dish.
8/25: Only the second day of school and she had a big accomplishment. They have a clip system in class and you want your clip to stay on '3' for the whole day. Today, she got to move her clip up to '4' which we have been told does not happen very often. You must do something wonderful to be on a '4'. Andi said that she she did two great things. That she went to sit on the mat quietly when the others talked and sat criss-cross applesauce like she was asked to do. Proud moment!
Andi was happy to tell me that she learned some classmates names: "Brook, has a ponytail. I sit by Bella. And there is a boy named Hudson who kind of acts like Will from my old school, but looks like Ryder from church. I am so happy that she is already making friends. Not that I ever doubted that for a moment.
Andi told me about recess. "We went to the playground before lunch. It has tire swing. Only three kids can ride at a time. It is huge. I was not a pusher." That's really all she said about recess. That she played on the tire swing the whole time.
Andi was excited to tell us that she did math today. (Loves math and is good at it.) "Our math problem was that zero kids walked to school, one rode the bus, four rode in trucks, and ten rode in cars."
9/1: Today Andi came home talking about Mr. Lee in the cafeteria. She said that he is so funny and did an impersonation of him trying to take their food or trash.
Again we heard about her playing on the tire swing at recess. Sounds like this is what she enjoys doing and maybe it is so new to her that it is awesome. I don't think she has been on a tire swing anywhere else.
Andi September
9/7: Andi got a little Hello Kitty box in her MacDonald's happy meal and said that it would be her "give it to God box." She asked for a few coins to put in her box and said to make sure we take it to church with us s she can give the money to God. Precious girl.
9/10: This girl loves to tell jokes and hear jokes. Over and over. She came up with a few really good ones and Eastman got a kick out of them and has been telling them for several days now.
9/17: On the way home this day, she asked me, Mom, when is Noah's birthday? We need to celebrate him too." I told her that she was exactly right. We always need to be sure we celebrate him too. She asked if we forgot about him and I told her absolutely not! That we think about Noah often and she is right about how we need to celebrate him too. What a sweet heart she has. Loves her baby cousin and she really does talk about him often. Talks about Noah and Pop and Ninnie and Dinnie. About how they are all in heaven. Now Eastman will talk about them being in heaven. It really is heart warming to hear Andi talk fondly of them and heaven-what a wonderful place.
9/19: We were outside and walked by a man who was smoking a cigarette and Andi said somewhat quietly, "He's not going to live very long." Dave and I looked at each other and tried not to laugh. Oh that girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment