Andi- February 2016
2/8: Dave usually takes Andi to school every morning. Well today, I got to take Andi to school. It was fun getting to talk to her in the car on the way. Before she got out of the car, she gave me a kiss. I kissed her and told her to have an awesome day. What was most precious was that after she got out of the car, she stood on the sidewalk blowing kisses to me. She did not car that there was a line of cars behind me (and neither did I). I hope to always remember this vision of my big kindergarten girl taking the time to blow me kisses before walking into the school building. Of course I caught all of her kisses and blew kisses back in her direction.
Andi's class gets to go to the library at school every Monday. Without fail, each Monday when she comes home and we pull out her new library books, what do I see? Nonfiction books about cats and/or dogs. Andi always brings home "true books" from her school library. They are almost always about cats, kittens, dogs, puppies, different breeds, etc. She gets to check out two books each time they visit the library. Andi can read these books on her own and is proud to read them to us on Monday nights before bed.
2/12: Dave said, "How'd you grow up so fast?" Andi simply smiled and said, "Don't blink" (and batted her eyes).
2/13: After Meemaw's funeral in Lubbock, we spent the weekend in Stanton with Kris, Misty, Riley, and Madi Jo. The kids loved being out on the farm and since the weather was so nice, we spent the majority of our time outside playing. While exploring, Andi climbed up on back of tractor and said to Madi, "Let's look up to the sky so we can talk to God." I melted.
No comments:
Post a Comment