Eastman- February 2016
Nana told me that Eastman was asking to eat a taco from Taco Bueno after school one day, so she took him there. While inside he was tapping loudly on the tables. A couple walked over to him and with a smile asked him if he was a drummer or going to be a drummer one day. Nana said that Eastman stopped tapping and with his head kept down, never looking up or making eye contact with them, said in a gruff voice, very matter of fact, "I play baseball." (I think he was almost a little offended that they would even suggest such a thing. That he was a drummer. Couldn't they see that he is clearly a baseball player?!)
Each night when putting Eastman to bed, he asks me to lay with him for a little bit. After several minutes, I usually tell him that it is time for me to go downstairs or that it is time for me to go check on Andi. Most nights he says, just ten more minutes. And after a couple minutes, he says, "Let me count: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. Ok, Mommy, go check on Andi and then come back and check on me." Well one night this month, instead of this usual routine, after laying with him for a bit, he simply said, "Mom, go downstairs and go to sleep so then you can hold me in the morning." My precious boy. Just wants Momma to hold him!
2/8: Eastman asked for my phone and said, "I want to text Gram." And proceeded to try to text her.
2/9: While in the car, Eastman asked me when he would be able to sit in the front seat. Then he asked when he could drive. My two year old is already asking me when he can drive?! Well, I told him that when he is 16, he can drive. He siad that he will drive and I can sit next to him. Eastman said, "I can drive you to your work when I'm sixteen. You sit there (pointing to the passenger seat) and I will drive. I will drive you to work and to Chuck E. Cheese and to Disney World." He is always thinking! Sounds like a perfect plan if you ask me!
2/29: "Momma, I need to grow bigger so I can play baseball with Uncle Shawn! My food is not making me grow bigger."
Oh my darling boy! Slow down! I need you to stay my little boy for awhile longer. Soon enough you will be bigger and bigger and playing baseball like your Uncle Shawn. Let me hold you now while you still fit in my arms (barely) and while you still request for me to hold you and for you to hold my neck. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment