Wednesday, January 23, 2013

34 months


This picture was taken at Cabela's- one of Andi's favorite places to go.  She saw these pink sound blocking earmuffs and just had to try them on.  "I really want these.  Pink is my favorite color!"

Another month has come and gone!  In just two months, Andi will be a big sister!

As always, I have tried to jot down a few things Andi has done or said over the past month, that were note-worthy.  Here ya go...

In the previous blog post, I told about how Andi has been in her big girl bed and it has been great!  She is now loving it.

12/22: Andi got out of bed and went tee-tee in potty all by herself. So proud!  She had been calling for us to come up and help her get out of bed and to the potty-not this time.  She did it all by herself.  This is the biggest difference from her being in the big girl bed versus crib.  She can get out and go potty without having to wait for mom or dad to come get her out.

12/24: On that same note, a couple days later, Andi woke up at 6:20 am (which is typical for her--even when we are on break/vacation) and we hear on the monitor, "Mommy, I'm going poo poo."  She got up out of bed and was sitting on the potty. What a big girl!  We have talked with her about not getting out of bed (mainly when trying to get her to sleep at night).  When I walked into her bathroom-I started bragging on her.  She said, "I wasn't trying to come downstairs when I got out of bed,  I just needed to go poo poo."  What a sweet girl.  Dave and I bragged on her a lot.  She really was easy to potty train and it is really neat to see now how she will just do it on her own, without the assistance of mom and dad (although we do help out most times).

12/23: Dave's family came to visit for Christmas and we were driving home from church.  Grandavs was talking about Amy Grant being a good singer.  Andi asked, "Are you talking about me, Grandavs? I'm a good singer."

12/25: After opening presents for Christmas, Papa told me that he was sure that he was going to get a black belt for Christmas becuase a few days ago Andi told him, "Papa, we got you a black belt for Christmas because the one you have in your closet is yucky."  Where does she come up with this stuff?!

1/8: While in the car watching a video clip from Aladdin, Andi started laughing out loud.  She said, "What are they doing?! Are they flying on a rug?"  She was cracking up, which made Dave and I crack up too.

1/16:  Andi and I were riding in my car to Nana's house for me to drop her off in the morning.  She started talking about growing up.  She talks about this quite often-about what she will do when she gets older or when she grows up.  This day she told me that she is growing up so that she can drive Mommy's car.  this almost brought me to tears.  She is 2 going on 16!  I told her that she cannot grow up that fast.  I want her to stay my little girl.  She said, "But I'm not a little girl.  I am a big girl."  I agreed and told her that she was a big girl and that I loved her very much.  I told her that even when she is a really big girl and can drive Mommy's car, she will still have to give me hugs and kisses.  She said that she would.  Oh my!  I do not think I can handle this growing up business.  I just want my baby girl to stay a baby!

1/17: Papa went to pick Andi up from school- (He does this every Thursday).  When he got there, all of the kids were still napping.  The "snuggly animal" she took to nap with that day is a puppy that Nana gave her.  the puppy came in a veterinarian toy kit and he makes sounds.  She accidentally pushed the on button when waking up.  She ran to Papa, showed him her dog and said,  "When I get older, I'm gonna be a great animal doctor like you Papa."  This tickled Papa to pieces.  I'm sure he was smiling ear-to-ear.   We love our Andi girl!  What a precious, smart, loving girl she is!

1 comment:

Jamie Thompson said...

She is gonna be such a great Big Sister since she is such a 'big girl'. Can't wait to see :)