Here are a few of our conversations or happenings this past month...
Andi is officially Swimming. Really swimming. She is even Jumping in from the side and will swim to the edge to do it over again. She has even gone down the big slide into the water all by herself! I am so proud of my little fish. Or as she would prefer, Mermaid. :)
7/18: We have been very curious about Heaven. "Momma, when is Jesus coming? When is he coming to take us to heaven with him? I want to go to heaven. I'm ready to go." What a sweetheart. I wish that we could all have this attitude. What peace. Pure heart and spirit.
7/19: Andi can really hit the baseball. I should post a video. Dave will pitch Andi the ball and she rips it. At times she has said that she is better than the real baseball players. This day she said, "I'm gonna grow bigger to play baseball like a boy. The boys won't believe a girl can play baseball."
7/21: "Momma, I think we should have one hundred Andis and Eastmans." I asked, "You want there to be more kids in our family?" "Yes, 100!"
7/26: Andi was visiting Anna Lee in the hospital and admiring her silver croos necklace. Andi asked if she could have it, bit Anna Lee said that it was her special necklace. Andi responded with, "I like treasures of gold."
7/28: This summer we had a few weeks at church when we did not have kids church. We bring snacks and drawing activities to keep Andi occupied. I do not think she pays attention to the sermon, but she proved me wrong. The preacher was talking about going out into the community and said that we should show others that Jesus lives in Allen, Texas. Andi yelled out in a surprised and excited tone, "Jesus lives in Allen, Texas!?"
7/30: We had our first family bowling outing. Andi loved it! She would hang her arms when she was disappointed with her bowl...see pic below. And would dance (I am afraid she has her Mom's moves) when she made a good shot. Eastman enjoyed watching us bowl at first and then got a little bored and went to sleep.
7/31: "When you get older, you will die and go to heaven and come back to life and I'll miss you."
8/4: On the way home from church we asked Andi what she learned in Bible class today. She said, "Jonah went to Nineveh and spoke to the Ninevites." We were blown away. She did not simply say that Jonah was swallowed by a big fish...she knew the whole story!
8/9: "Momma, why are you crying?" I said, "I am just thinking about Noah and missing him." Andi said, "Momma, he is in heaven. Heaven is a happy place. I think Noah is already growing bigger. He is playing with God in heaven." What comfort my precious 3 year old can bring to me. If I wasn't crying enough already, this brought a smile to my face and more tears streaming down my cheeks.
8/10: Tucking Andi into bed at night, I hugged her and whispered, "I love you so much." She said, "But Jesus loves me more." Hard to imagine anyone loving her more than I do, but how right she is!
8/10: Learned about fire safety and 911. I feel like it really sunk in. What a great birthday party!
8/13: My little smartie knows my phone number! I am so proud. Now she will know how to tell someone to call me if she needs something at school or elsewhere.
Stats: Size 9 shoes (although her foot measured 8 1/2). Weighs 32 pounds. Clothes vary: mostly size 3T. Some 18 months clothes she can still wear, but I should probably pack away. :)
\
8/4: On the way home from church we asked Andi what she learned in Bible class today. She said, "Jonah went to Nineveh and spoke to the Ninevites." We were blown away. She did not simply say that Jonah was swallowed by a big fish...she knew the whole story!
8/9: "Momma, why are you crying?" I said, "I am just thinking about Noah and missing him." Andi said, "Momma, he is in heaven. Heaven is a happy place. I think Noah is already growing bigger. He is playing with God in heaven." What comfort my precious 3 year old can bring to me. If I wasn't crying enough already, this brought a smile to my face and more tears streaming down my cheeks.
8/10: Tucking Andi into bed at night, I hugged her and whispered, "I love you so much." She said, "But Jesus loves me more." Hard to imagine anyone loving her more than I do, but how right she is!
8/10: Learned about fire safety and 911. I feel like it really sunk in. What a great birthday party!
8/13: My little smartie knows my phone number! I am so proud. Now she will know how to tell someone to call me if she needs something at school or elsewhere.
Stats: Size 9 shoes (although her foot measured 8 1/2). Weighs 32 pounds. Clothes vary: mostly size 3T. Some 18 months clothes she can still wear, but I should probably pack away. :)
One of her favorite phrases is: "Can you just tell me?" She is a very curious child and wants to learn constantly. If she asks me something and I respond with, "I don't know." That doesn't cut it for her. She will say, Can you just tell me?"
\













No comments:
Post a Comment