Eastman Rex is now 13 months old. What a ball of energy he is. Always ready to go. But when he does slow down he a snuggly bear. Loves to cuddle and fall asleep in my arms. Love!
Happenings and funnies for April...
3/23: He is getting more teeth. One of his top molars erupted.
3/27: Papa decided to get him a milkshake at Braums. What?! When I went to pick the kids up, Papa said that there is a milkshake in the fridge if Eastman wants it. I told him that Eastman does not want that-he's still a baby. But his momma might drink it. Well, Papa said that Eastman loved it and drank some of it earlier. I told Papa that he does not need all that sugar and I hadn't even introduced him to cow's milk yet. Papa said that Andi told him it was ok. (Yes, usually what Andi says, goes.) He said that Andi told him that Eastman cannot have a chocolate milkshake but can have a vanilla one. So that is exactly what Papa did, got Eastman his very own vanilla milkshake. Thursdays have always been a special day that often invoves a Braum's milkshake. When I was young, my dad would pick me up from elementary school on Thursday afternoons and we would many times go to Braum's for an after school ice cream treat. My dad is sharing the same tradition with my kiddos (Andi loes it, but it may be just a little too early to be giving my boy a milkshake. We will stick with milk for now. Soon enough he will want a milkshake or a malt. If he is anything like his momma.)
3/29: So that milkshake...I took it home (drank a little of it) and stuck it in the freezer to finish later. A couple days later I opened the freezer to et something out and what little one was standing next to me...Eastman. He reached up and grabbed the milkshake. He recognized that Braum's cup and wanted his milkshake. Oh no! I told him he could not have it and put it back in the freezer. He was not happy about this and tried to open the freezer. Guess he is litke his momma. Who can say no to a delicious Braum's shake?!
3/31: Cutting another tooth. 2nd top molar.
4/2: This morning Eastman was crying for "Mama! Mama!" from his crib. Oh this made my heart leap! He had always said "Dada!" when he would cry out in the morning (even though I was the one to go rock him 95% of the time). When he called for "Mama!" I hopped out of bed. Couln't be grumpy this morning about getting woken up too early!
4/6: Eastman slept until 8:30. Wow! What a good sleeper and tired boy! We went to late service that Sunday...not typical of us. We always go to the 8:00 service, but we could not wake a sleepy baby/ Even Andi decided to sleep in that day.
We made lasagna for dinner and he loved it. I know just last month I was saying that he was a picky eater. Well I think not. He wants to try everything. Yes, there are things he likes and dislikes and will let us know, but he likes most of the foods that we are eating.
4/12: Eastman can feed himself yogurt with a spoon. He loves Greek vanilla yogurt. Yum!
OK, here are some pics to enjoy!
His first time for corn-on-the-cob and he loved it!
Proud of his MLB ball at the game.
Playing golf with an Easter egg. Maybe more like hockey. But either way, he knew to use the golf club to hit the round thing.
Showing Maverick a little love.
Ready for the game!
Fun at the Ranger game. Front Row! (Eastman was excited!)
Sleepy boy. Had all her could take of the baseball game.
No comments:
Post a Comment