Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Andi: Nov-Dec 2014


Oh my dear Andi Lynn.  I love you!  You are such a fun, smart, confident, tender-hearted little girl.
A few memories from the past few months

11/3: Eastman had been sick and I took a day off of work to stay home with him.  I got to drop Andi off at sschool.  When it was time for her to go into the classroom, she ran right in.  I called her back and asked her to give me a kiss good-bye.  She shook her head.  I asked again and she gave me a big hug and whispered in my ear, "No kissing at school, Mom."  I smiled and chuckled.  I imagine Ms. Anne has told them that since I think for awhile there, they were "getting married" at recess. 

11/28: We were at my parent's house the day after Thanksgiving.  Andi said to Uncle Shawn, "Shawn I see that you brought Bear over."  Shawn replied, "Yes I did.  Where is Pearl."  Andi follwoed with, "Pearl is too small to play with the big dogs.  She's only five years old you know."  Shawn said, "Well Bear is only one and a half."  Andi responded, "Yes, but Bear is a golden retriever and Pearl is a King Charles spaniel. They're a smaller breed. Denali is a white Labrador." 

She is so matter-of-fact and precise.  She pays attention to detail and logically thinks through things.  If someone pronounces a workd incoreectly, she corects them.  If a person calls something by the wrong name, she is quick to tell you what the object really is.

Andi knows all of her colors in Spanish and several foods.  She does learn a lot from school. 
She is loving school this year and I think that Ms. Anne does a really good job about giving them meaningful activities to help them grow in faith and academically.

She is loving all things Christmas.  This time of year is so fun and magical.  My favorite is when she wanted me and her to play out the story of Jesus's birth.  She wanted to be Mary and I was the Angel.  This was so special.  She likes to do a lot of acting things out and this was a fun one.  They journeyed to Bethlehem at school and got to experience the nativity story.  Love her school-really special that she gets to truly celebrate Christmas-learning the story of the birth of Jesus-the true reason for our celebration.

After school, Andi has so much fun playing with her best friends Kinley, Ruby, and Maggie on the playgorund or indoor play area.  Eastman plays with them too and thinks these girls are just as much his friends as they are hers.  He will come home talking about "Kinley, Maggie, and Ruby."
Andi and Kinley sharing a big hug.  They are in different classes this year, so when they see each other they give a full embrace.
 
Can you tell that she loves her stuffed animals?!  Especially kitties and puppies.
 
My pretty princess

 
Andi loves her pink, sparkly dress.  Wants to wear it all the time.  She says if she wears it to school Maggie will call her the Glitter Queen.
 
Drinking milk like kittens.


Posing for the camera

 
Again in her favorite dress :)
 
"Eastman slide with me!"  "Wee!"

Andi and Maggie at their Thanksgiving performance.  They got to sing a couple songs up on stage and then we all had a finger-food feast.  Andi was excited about being a pilgrim this year.  (She was an Indian last year.)  Andi knew lots of details about Thanksgiving.
 

My little kitty cat.

 
My little scientist/archeologist/paleantologist digging up and inspecting her findings. 
Dinosaur bones!
 
 

Fun at the Thinkery science place in Austin.
 







No comments: