Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Eastman: 19 months, 20 months, and almost 21 months!



So I am more than a little behind on my blogging!  Eek!  Time to play catch-up and tell you all of the fun things Eastman is doing and saying.
He is talking all the time!  Nonstop.  I am impressed with how much he knows and can say.

19 months

10/29: At school, his teachers said that he is the smartest one in class.  They were impressed that he knows all of his animal sounds.  They said that they were trying to stump him by asking him ones that they thought he would not knw, but he knew them!  They also said that he knows all of his classmates names.  They would say a name and he would point to the child.  They were blown away.  Another thing they said was that when one of his classmate's was pushing another child, Eastman said to him, "No push!."  This made us all smile because he has been told that a few times, so it is great that he is now aware that it is not ok to push.

11/3: Well, I think Eastman has his first crush (other than his Momma-he is such a momm'as boy).  He has a huge crush on Anna from Frozen!  Anytime we talk about watching a movie, he says, "Anna?! Anna!"  He will then say "Anna, Elsa?  Frozen?"  He is then a little let down if we watch a movie other than Frozen.  Andi has some princess dolls and Eastman always wants to hold the one of Anna.  Pretty funny.

11/10: As a baby, Eastman has always held my neck when being held or rocked.  I now think that this is a comfort to him because he still does it.  He now, clearly will say, "Hold your neck.  Mom, hold your neck, please!"  It makes me smile.  He says it when I am holding him, but will also say it when I am putting him in the carseat.  Sweet, affectionate boy. 

11/11: At school, the teachers told Nana that they had to get onto him for spitting.  Nana smiled and said, "Oh no.  That might be might fault.  Did he say "hump, hump" when he spit?"  They said yes.  Nana told them that they were ready and learning about camels this morning and Nana taught him that they spit.  They all started laughing a little and said that was exactly what he was doing.  He just wanted to teach his friends what he learned, and he did.  His teacher said that the other kids did learn and were spitting jsut as he did, like a camel.

20 months

11/21: Eastman can get his own water from the fridge.  He is such a big boy!  He will go get a cup from the drawer, take off the lid, and then put it under the water dispenser on the fridge.  He likes ice too, so he will often get ice in his cup as well.  He will then drink from the open cup like a big kid, or sometimes will screw the lids back on.  Impressive.  The only bad thing is when he doesn't get the lid back on all the way and spills water down the front of his shirt.  If that happens, he will say, Cold!  Brrr Rabbit!"

Eastman really like the movie Frosty the Snowman.  Ever since we watched it before going to ICE! he has asked to watchit over and over.  He loves to see the song or at least the part "Frosty the Snowman" and he marches, lifting his right leg straight out just like the kids do on the movie.  It is hilarious!

He also sings, "Let it Go" from Frozen at the top of his lungs.  He likes to also sing "Goodnight" that Kristoff sings to Sven the reindeer.

My sweet boy is very polite.  He is very good about always asking "please" and always saying "thank you."  I love it.  He will say, "Thank you, Mom" or "Thank you, Daddy" or "Thank you Andi."  Precious!

21 months

December is such a fun month.  Eastman is loving everything Christmas.  Baby Jesus, Santa Claus, Christmas trees, Christmas lights, ornaments, presents, Rudolph.  He loves looking at Christmas lights and gets excited when he sees Santa, or a picture of Santa.  He will say, "Santa Claus!  HoHoHo Merry Christmas!" (in a depper voice).  I am impressed each day by all the words he is able to say.  I really do not think that there is anything he cannot say. 

I have told you that he loves the movies Frosty the Snowman and Frozen.  When he sings Frosty, he will march (raising his right leg out straight-like the kids do on the movie).  Hilarious.  He loves the Frozen songs.  Will sing Let it Go, Goodnight, and then belts out in a deep voice: In Summer-just like Olaf does in the movie.  Funny boy.  When we watch Frozen, his face lights up.  His eyes sparkle, he smiles and watches intensely, without moving a muscle.  The look on his face is precious.  I like to watch his expressions instead of watching the movie.  

One of the funniest things he says is, "Ta-Da!"  When he is proud of something he did.  He raises his hands up and says, "Ta-Da!"

Andi likes to buckle her own seat belt in the car.  When she is ready, she gives me the thumbs up and says, "Ready!"  Well, Eastman has to also tell me that he is ready and points his pointer finger in the air.  Always wanting to be just like Sissy.

We also like to ask while we do something (or right after), "Who's having fun?"  Both Andi and Eastman raise their hand and say, "Me!"

12/2:  When I am walking too fast for Eastman he says, "Wait for me, Mom!"  When I call his name to come here he yells, "Coming, Mom!" 

Eastman loves to play hide-and-seek.  All the time.  He thinks it is fun at the library and I have to get onto him that this is not the place to run and hide.  At the house, he loves to crawl behind the pillows on our bed and hide.  He aslo gets under the table and sings, "Where-Oh-Where-Oh-Where is Eastman (although he often does not say Eastman.  He calls himself DeeDoo or DooDoo.  He has been calling himself this for quite sometime and I did not want to acknowledge it, but now I think it is kind of cute).  When it is Andi's trn to hide, he calls out, "Andi, where are you?  Where are you, Andi?"

I may have told you that he now talks about hs teachers at school and his classmates.  He says their names.  I think Eastman likes when we ask him about school.  What is particularly funny is that when he says his teacher's name, Ms. Roz, Eastman says it in a really high-pitched voice.  I am wondering if that is how Ms. Casey says it, so Eastman mimics this.  It makes me laugh everytime.  Nana told his teachers about it and they got a kick out of it too.
I am thankful for Andi and Eastman's school where they get to go to chapel, sing church songs, pray together, and learn about the Bible.

12/17: I was carrying Eastman down the stairs after gettign him out of bed in the morning.  He laid his head on my shoulder, looked up at me, and said, "I love you, Mom."  I melted. 

 
Having fun at the Thinkery in Austin (a hand-on, science place for kids).  They loved it.
 


 
Look at the hair!

 
Likes to place dress up.  Has his sword and cape.  Ready to save the day.
 
Look at the big smile! 
(My uncle Don used to call me Catfish.  Looking at this picture, I am thinking Eastman must have my smile and now I know why I got that nickname.)
 
Sweet Maverick

 
Had a Frosty the Snowman movie watching slumber party.  The kids loved it!

 
Dress up at Melissa wedding



 

 
Sandbox fun with Jackson
 
Do you think they like frozen yogurt, or what?

 
Hungry boy!  Will eat just about anything and is always hungry.  If he eats this much now, just think about when he is a teenager!

 
"Wee!"
 
Being a butterfly with sister.  They were jumping off our bed onto the pile of pillows.  (Although Andi was actually lifting Eastman off the bed and then dropping him on the pillows.
 



No comments: